These Terms and Conditions govern your application to Huys Foundation (“Foundation”) for the 2023-2024 Huys Scholarship, which includes the general Huys Scholarship, Armenian Studies Scholarship, John Aroutiounian Scholarship for Service to Humanity, and Engineering Scholarship in Armenia (each, a “Huys Scholarship”). References herein to “you” shall mean you as an applicant for a Huys Scholarship and, if selected for a Huys Scholarship, you as a Huys Scholar.
2023-2024 Huys Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- You acknowledge and agree that, to the best of your knowledge, the information submitted as part of your application for a Huys Scholarship is accurate and complete.
- You give your consent for the information submitted as part of your application for a Huys Scholarship to be shared with the members of an independent Scholarship Committee, appointed by the Board of the Foundation. The Board of the Foundation may also have access to the information you have submitted. The assessment process may involve personal interviews. You may submit only one application for each academic degree program that you have been admitted to. The Scholarship Committee’s decisions, as approved by the Board, are final and not subject to appeal.
- You acknowledge and agree that, to the best of your knowledge, you meet the personal eligibility criteria of a Huys Scholarship: you are within the ages of 18 to 40 and you are of Armenian descent, an Armenian citizen, an Armenian resident, or a person who has consistently demonstrated a strong commitment to preserve and advance Armenian heritage and culture. The Foundation retains final authority on all matters relating to eligibility and may request substantiating documents if it deems appropriate.
- Being awarded a Huys Scholarship for the 2023-2024 academic year does not automatically guarantee receipt of a Huys Scholarship for any other year.
- If you are awarded a Huys Scholarship, during the 2023-2024 academic year, you shall implement a project which contributes to the implementation of your commitments as provided in your Letter of Commitment and/or the mission of Foundation, with details to be confirmed with the Foundation. Additionally, you shall act as a mentor to a member of the younger generation.
- If you are awarded a Huys Scholarship, you shall provide a signed copy of your Letter of Commitment which shall be posted publicly on the Foundation’s website. The implementation of the project provided in the previous point shall not limit your commitments expressed in your Letter of Commitment.
- If you are awarded a Huys Scholarship, you acknowledge and agree that your name, photo, bio, information on your degree program, your Letter of Commitment, and other information related to you as a Huys Scholar, in whole or in part, may be publicly presented by the Foundation, including, without limitation, on its website, reports, and other materials.
- The Huys Scholarship shall be used for educational expenses only. By default, this means that the Foundation shall transfer the entire amount of the Huys Scholarship to your academic institution, if you are selected for a Huys Scholarship. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if your tuition and university expenses are less than the amount of the Huys Scholarship, then: (a) if you are a PhD student, the Foundation shall transfer the balance of your Huys Scholarship to your personal account, provided that you deliver a signed writing from your supervisor attesting that you are actively pursuing your PhD degree (for the same academic program for which you’re being awarded the Huys Scholarship); or (b) if you are not a PhD student, the Foundation may determine, in its sole discretion, to transfer the balance of your Huys Scholarship to your personal account, in whole or in part, provided that you are able to substantiate in good faith that the Huys Scholarship shall be used for educational expenses only. The Foundation shall retain final authority on all matters relating to the disbursement of the Huys Scholarship.